Ford Focus wheels for X Type

Since the X Type was built on the Ford Mondeo/Focus platform, is it possible to put Ford wheels on the X Type? The offset and the bolt pattern match; is there anything else that would impede fitting?

I’ve been trying to get a set of wheels to use for winter tires, while using the original mag’s for summer tires. New mag’s from Jaguar are too pricey. I’ve tried to chase down used mag’s through auto wreckers without much success. So, I came up with the idea of using steel wheels (Ford) for the winter tires and using the mag’s I have for summer tires. The book figures match but the tire shop guy wasn’t sure if they would fit.

Has anyone had any experience with this?

Your post got me wondering. I have been looking for an extra set of wheels, so that I can change out my tyres Summer and Winter. I looked up the dimensions, and found that the 16" wheels for the Focus and Taurus are the same as the X-type. I did some looking on my local Craigslist, and found a set of wheels for $150. I took my car over to look at them, along with a small floor jack and lug-nut wrench. They bolted up perfectly. I now have a mounted set of Summer tyres waiting for the season to change.

Thanks. Since I posted, I’ve obtained a set of mags from a wrecker, so am no longer looking. I’m also waiting for the season to change. In about the middle of April, I’m going to start looking for deals on summer tires.