Forum questions

When I visit the forum how do I get to a list of topics I created and the replies to them?

If there’s a way, I haven’t figured it out. There are extra search options in the advanced search. I’m not sure how to go there directly. I’ve always had to do a basic search first. Just click the magnifying glass and type in foo and enter. Now you see advanced search on the right. Add your user name in the user box. Type @ and then start typing the name and it will auto complete.

Then select the correct model forum. Then try and narrow it down by date range if you can, and add search terms if you can recall what you’re looking for. This will return all of your posts matching those conditions. Hopefully that narrows down the search enough that you find the thread you seek.

I can’t find a search criteria that works which distinguishes between thread starting posts and response posts, so they’ll be intermingled together. Maybe Gunnar will have better info.

• Click on your heading (say, your photo)
  • Click on your photo again - that will bring up your profile
  • Click on ‘Activity’
  • Click on ‘Topics’
  • I think that will bring up threads you originated and selecting any will show you the complete thread

It may take you into the middle or even the end of the thread - but you can click on the original post date on the upper right to take you to the top.

3 Likes

You got it! Do you have a second photo appear where I have a head and shoulders? That is what goes to my profile.

Thanks George! Another thing learned

If one has a photo it appears where you have your E.

The head & shoulders (no shampoo) says it is for your ‘preferences’ but the offers a menu option for ‘Activity’ - the rest is the same.

The directions I gave were for using the photo (or E) on a message – either way gets you there.

Thanks Geo. Your instructions work fine
Stuart