Front A/C Line Assembly for 94 XJS

The valve on my front A/C line leaks. Can it be repaired?
The hose has “Good-Year Galaxy” stamped on it. Will one from another kind of car work?
I’d like to go new if possible and they don’t stock them at the local auto parts store.
Any ideas?

When a valve on my 94 leaked, I was able to get a replacement at NAPA.

1 Like

If your car is like a 94 XJ40, the a/c is a factory R134A system with aeroquip style valves.

These valves don’t use the usual (replaceable) schraeder core in the valve …so you’ll have to replace the whole valve assy. Not a big deal, it unbolts with 2 wrenches.

Jaguar only supplies complete hose assemblies and the OEM Aeroquip style service ports are practically unavailable.

Fortunately, Santech produces conventional ports with normal Schraeder valves that are a direct replacement and are supplied with new o-rings.

details:
Manufacturer: Santech
Part number, high side: 59972
Dimensions, high side port: 15mm X M15 X 1.0

Part number, low side: 59973 (MT0177-1)
Dimensions, low side port: 13mm X M13 X 1.0

Autozone should carry them.

Or you can go with a bodge: Remove the plastic screw-on cap and find a short bolt of the same thread. Find a 1/16" cross section O-ring that fits the bolt, and find a flat washer with an ID that just fits around that O-ring. After charging it up, install the bolt with the O-ring and washer under the head. This POSITIVELY stops the leak.

Good idea, but with new ports at about $5 each at autozone …well …:thinking:

True enough, but you can’t replace the port without evacuating and recharging. You can slap that screw in there without doing anything else.

1 Like