Front Floor Mats for MK2

I plan on buying coco mats for the driver and passenger side of my Mk2 but the stock patterns supplied by the manufacturer are not ideal. Is there a pattern source (with measurements) for these floor mats ? The mats I’m looking at can be custom made if I can provide the dimensions. Assuming that only a generic/universal design is available, I can go with that too if the coverage of my carpeted area is good. I should note that I’m not seeking another supplier of coco mats as the one I’m considering has the quality and colors I like.

I ordered some mats for my MK2 , when they come they did not fit , the firm told me to make a template and send it to them , and they would make them to that , I made sure I made the template how I wanted the mats to fit , very tight all around !

Guess I will have to make a template as well. Thanks for responding!

Where did you get them made?

The mats I’m buying are offered by Cocomats.com . The nice thing about them is they will be custom made to my measurements.

I bought coco mats from coconuts.com and the supplied pattern fit fine and they look great. I have used them on other cars with patterns made by me.

Uh, I think you met cocomats.com not coconuts.com but I could be wrong.

Lost my proof reader again. Thanks.

No problem - Coconuts is pretty close which is about as good as I can expect when I look for solving issues with my MK2.

Ian (Resident Alien)

Could you share your supplier and the order details ? That way we can take advantage or your hard work :slight_smile:

Dave

As noted earlier cocomats.com will land you on the company’s web page where you can determine what material(s)/color(s) you would like the mats to contain. Besides coco, you can get sisal, wool, seagrass,furstil and hemp (which you can smoke if you decide you don’t like the mats). The various weaves/colors come across pretty well on the website but I elected to get samples of the mats I was considering. The company will quickly mail you the samples along with patterns for driver, passenger and rear locations. While the patterns I received for my MK2 would fit, I added width and length to better conform to my car’s carpet which has been redone to a more current style. The nice thing about these guys is they will custom make the mats to any configuration you want. Oh, I should note they don’t actually have mats made from hemp - just put that in to see if you were paying attention.

I will try and find the maker’s name , I did buy them off the internet here in the UK , they had a flash all bells and whistles web site , but they never made mats , another firm did , they sent them directly to me from the factory , it was a bit confusing as I had 2 names and addresses !

Cocomats.com no doubt relocated eventually to South Carolina because of cheaper labor costs. California is home to high tech firms like Apple while Connecticut is experiencing an exodus of companies as a result of high taxes and poor fiscal management among other things. The guy in Cocomats’s video with Jay Leno is no longer with the company (he is the owner’s brother-in-law).