Front quarterlight rubbers mk2

Hi guys , new boy from Wales UK .does anyone know where. I can get some that actually fit, had three here in the UK , sent them all back. Anyone had the same problem?

Just plugged the rubbers into google and there are a few suppliers that you can look at.

Thanks robin , tried 3 suppliers ,all at varying prices , but I think all were manufactured by the same company , all were a perfect triangle , and as you will know , the mk2 quarterlight has a distinct curve to the upper front edge, there lies the problem!

Hi Kenneth

Just tried to message you but something went wrong - what part of Wales?

It’s great that lots of stuff is being remanufactured but as you say, a lot of it doesn’t fit very well or is of poor quality compared to the original.

For example, I recently had 2 new rear spring pads as the old ones had flattened & the rear of the car was down quite noticeably. When they arrived they were twice the depth of the old ones and I thought I’d cracked it but once the weight of the car was on them they squashed down to the same thickness as the old ones !!

Hi Bob, I’m in Cardigan, where are you?

I’m in Conwy :unamused:

Repatriated the Duchess from the Netherlands 3 months ago , got back the original 1966 registration, just waiting for the new plates to arrive. Call me Ken.

The ones from COH Baines worked for me

Bruce M

Hi Bruce, thanks for the pics .looks like you had problems at the top , as I did . Looks like a light and a dark rubber ? Can’t quite make it out . Did you buy direct from bains? SC parts told me their fitter had fitted one recently , so I offered to bring the car to them and pay for his time. They declined !!!

Hi
Not exactly sure what you mean at the top. I see there is a slight pull at the top but it has never bothered me and only noticed it now that you mentioned it.
I fitted mine about two years ago and I don’t recall any particular difficulty.
I will look more closely and at the other side as well.
Yes I bought directly from COH Baines and also bought all teh other rubber parts I needed for my full restoration.
They were very obliging and I always try to get as close to the source as possible when buying parts.
Bruce