Front rotors on a XJ6

Hi
Just to confirm. can anyone tell me the minimum thickness allowed on front rotors of a 1977 XJ6. I know that new they are 24.13 mm and to my knowledge the minimum thickness should not less then 22.9 mm. The book doesn’t tell me the minimum and my rotors do not have any pint on them.
Cheers

Have you given the rotors a good clean with emery tape both around the circumference and on the inner surface where the rotor meets the hub?
Generally Jags have a 1mm tolerance. Also what year is the car?

The car is an XJC 1977 and yes I did emery the rotors but I get a miner pulsating feeling when I Touch the brake paddle so they do need machining.

Googling suggests you are correct at 22.9 min thickness.
But you are close to break even just buying new I would have thought.

I shall see how I go when I call the in the new year.
Thanks and happy new year have a safe one.

I tend to agree, new ones are quite inexpensive, so not worth the effort.

You are correct on 22.9mm for minimum rotor thickness. My vote is to buy new rotors, it’s actually more expensive in my area to grind existing rotors. Some manufacturers offer a “high carbon steel” rotor for just a little more money, those are the ones to get. Much more resistant to warping.

Both front rotors and outer tie-rod ends cost me about $160 at AutoZone.

Dave

Plus one for new. Same amount of work in R and R and I don’t like the “on wheel” grind systems as an alternative. I got new rotors for my Mk2 for $37 each plus shipping - were on sale. Paul.