Front springs with new shocks

I had Boge gas shocks which I thought were a bit worn, as the car would bounce a bit, both at speed on uneven roads, anf when I heaved down on the front fender ends of the 420G.
I also had a 15mm cm height difference, L being lower than. So I had a 1cm metal spacer made which we installed on top of the front left spring.
We then installed the adjustable GAZ shocks. After a good test drive with braking, cornering, bounces on uneven roads, I parked the car on even ground, and went out to measure.
Zero height difference!!!
Could it be the new shocks, sold by SNG for this model?? Next step is to change back to the Boge shocks.
Any thoughts…

Have four Boge shocks on XJ6 rear and really like them. Price fair at the time from SNG. Paul

Technically speaking the shocks should not effect ride height. That is more determined from the condition of the springs which, over time, can settle at somewhat uneven rates hence the work around with the spacers.

If the new GAZ shocks were too short, preventing the front left spring, with its additional 10mm spacer, from raising the body, it would really show at test driving over bumpy roads. But the car behaved very well.
But when extending the shock, in order to fit it, it was so hard work that we had to ease it to step 1, out of 5 (the hardest). But this is probably normal.
Maybe itś a waste of time reinstalling the Boges with that 10mm spacer.
I have a set of new springs marked +25%. Don´t know where I got them, many years ago. Same length but thicker coils. Has anyone come across these before???