Front wheel bearing seal(s)?

I am looking at a front wheel bearing kit JLM1707, and the picture shows two seals. The bottom one I recognize, it goes into the hub over the inner bearing. But I am puzzled where does the other seal go. Anyone?

For the reference, the kit is expected to fit 1898 XJ6.

Inner and outer seals - items 2 and 10 in this picture - but that is the REAR hub!

Are you sure the picture is not of hub bearing kit JLM1708?

Just guessing! :wink:

1 Like

Hey Bryan,

I actually purchased two JLM1707* kits from SNG Barratt. Their photo showed two bearings/races, a cotter pin, and only one seal in the kit, the lower one in my pic above, but the kits I received had no cotter pin, and the seal was the upper one. Since I first replaced bearings, without checking the seal, I had to reuse the original seal until I get a correct new one that goes over the inner bearing, and I am wondering if the seal they supplied has any use. By the way, the bearings/races in the kit I received are a perfect fit, DAEWOO MGM KL 45449/45410 and 68149/68111, and the kit was just $14 per side…

Apparently the seals are wrong. Called up SNG Barratt, and they sent me new kits with the right seals. By the way, the seals included did look like the rear ones, but were much smaller.