Fuel and water temp gages quit

Hello All My '68 water temp and fuel gages stopped working yesterday. Everything else on that circuit still works. In reading past posts, it seems as though I may need a new instrument voltage regulator. My trouble is that I’m a new owner, have only one parts catalogue, and I don’t see any such part listed. Recommendations? Thanks in advance!

Most likely the IVR has failed. It’s the little box bolted to the center dash panel right over the temp gauge. Go to coolcatcorp.com, and buy one of their electronic replacements.

2 Likes

thanks, Ray!

Kenn,
The IVR in my 1969 E-Type FHC is circled in red in the attached picture. Open up the panel that covers your fuse boxes and you should easily find it. Your problem might be due to a bad IVR or possibility loose or broken wires.

Paul

2 Likes

Check the earth to the wires.
Regards
Chris

1 Like

+1 on CoolCat electronic VR. A very easy replacement. Be sure to disconnect the battery (Red likes to be alone, in terms of cable disconnect/reconnect) before EVER doing anything even remotely related to electrical on this car. Here’s a link to the NEGATIVE ground version:

https://www.coolcatcorp.com/Merchant5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=CEC&Product_Code=SSIVR-N&Category_Code=EL

1 Like