Fuel consumption on 3.4

what fuel consumption do owners get or expect from 3.4 auto around town.

I have never bothered to check , just keep my tank topped up , its a Jag :slightly_smiling_face:

Probably depends on how heavy the traffic is, how long the journey ( ie choke on ) I used to get 20mpg in my 3.4 auto open road cruising; I would guess around town somewhere between 12-16 mpg.

Can’t help with “around town” - mostly touring for my 3.4. Got better than 23mpg on 98 premium. Suspect the town number might be 16 or so - never drive it in heavy traffic. Paul.

Here in UK . 15 around town. Less in winter when the choke is on more.
Possibly 20 on a steady run at 50 mph.

I don’t have any problems with fuel consumption :grinning:

4 Likes

Not to be a killjoy, but if discussing mileage it might be worth decided which gallons you’re talking, or go metric :slight_smile:

1 Like

Metric? That’s a tall order :wink:

16l/100km in town. I felt, when I adjusted the (2) carbs more rich to get away without choke, I reach 20l/100km.

On a recent highway run at 60-65 MPH with my MOD 3.8S on a newly rebuilt and tuned engine the car returned 19 MPG on US gallons of 91 octane 10% ethanol fuel. Might in the past at some point seen 20.

15 mpg (British imperial gallon).
Dave

Up to this point we’ve all been in big gallon territory. :thinking:

As Ethanol was mentioned , Esso red dot has no Ethanol in it , in the UK :+1:

On a 1967 Mark 2 3.4 manual with overdrive on a 120 mile journey on the open road, 21.5 MPG (US) is the best figure I’ve achieved.