Fuel Cooler Dissected

Didn’t re-use the fuel cooler in my recent engine work so I decided to cut it open and have a look inside.
Has been well thought out with the internal passage for the refrigerant filled with a spiral wire contraption to make sure the flow is nice and turbulent…and the “Shell” for the fuel some kind of mesh…with scallops out of it so the fluid has to contact the inner wall as it flows in the annulus. All made out of some sort of brass material for good conduction.
Nice piece of kit!!

Matt,
Thanks for showing us what is on the inside of the fuel cooler. Did you eliminate the fuel cooler? I am curious what if any problems occur without the fuel cooler in the system. I am sure many cars with problems in their AC systems are out there with no fuel cooling.
Jeff

Jeff
Yes I eliminated the cooler…but I am still trying to get up,and running with a Megasquirt controlling fuel and ignition…and my front calipers have seized from sitting for a few years while I did all the work…sooooo…it’s off the road to overhaul front brakes…then back to commissioning the MS …then see how the car runs without fuel cooling…!!! Ongoing…
Regards
Matt