Fuel filler box on the OTS. What to do....what to do...?

Any idea what the hole with the grommet is for? I haven’t drilled it yet, wondering whether it’s needed.

Couple of photos, during construction.

1 Like

Fuel tank vent tube.
XK120 fuel filler box 001

Thanks Rob, also for the pic with the seal for the outer cover. Something else I was unaware existed.

The vent tube is a short piece of copper tube, about 6 or 8 inches long, with a curl at the top where it goes through the grommet, and there is another vent tube soldered to the tank. These two are connected by a short piece of rubber hose. Don’t forget to put hose clamps on this hose, or you will get leaks there when you fill the tank. Guess how I know.

Thanks again. Another rabbit hole, but a very minor one this time.

'cause Rob’s as human as the rest of us.

I have to leave about an inch empty in the E’s tank til I replace the sender’s seal. Live and learn - all over the floor that night.

I stopped and filled the MGA’s tank on the way to a monthly meeting soon after the E’s expansion cavalcade . It was August and the gas warmed during the meeting and was dribbling out out of the fill when we went out to kick tires. Someone came up to me with her eye’s bugged out telling me my car was leaking all over the place…

Best to leave a bit of room.