Fuel filter Singing

Yes after a high-speed run…my fuel filter is singing…just to cover my butt…I replaced the filter about 3mos.ago with the inlet arrow pointing from paas side toward drivers side. (following the previous install)…I am now going to replace the filter, hoping it quiets down… Where else should I look if this does not solve my problem. Thanks

Is that the right direction? … a new filter might solve it…collapsed hose internally?

I have found fuel filters to be quiet and non-complaining critters, and I’ve never heard one “sing.”
Fuel pumps, though, can complain loudly if they are being deprived of fuel. Sound, in a liquid, can travel quite easily, too- just ask any whale. You don’t say, but I’m assuming the noise you hear is only when the engine (and fuel pump) are running. I think you should take a look inside your sump tank, where the fuel pickup screen is located, and stay off the throttle for a while, before you do some very expensive damage. Replacing the “can” filter won’t help, IMHO!

Yes, the arrows on the fuel filter should be pointing towards the left of the car (driver’s side in LHD cars), but you also need to make sure that the hoses are connected correctly to the fuel filter. The attached picture shows the correct installation of the fuel filter with the fuel going from the sump tank to the fuel pump, the fuel pump to the fuel filter and then the fuel filter to the line leading out of the trunk and forward to the engine bay. It is always possible that someone has installed the fuel lines, filter, or pump incorrectly in the past.
I agree with DavetheLimey that it is probably the fuel pump that is singing. You will have to remove some of the interior trunk trim and the spare tire to be certain, but that is my guess. I have had fuel pumps vibrate sing before on some of my EFI Jaguars and I attribute it to cavitation inside the fuel pump. The singing/vibrations can indicate a failing fuel pump, blockage upstream from the pump either in the sump tank, a clogged filter in the sump tank, or further upstream in the fuel lines or main tank.

Paul