Fuel Injection Hose

Has been a while since the FI hoses have been replaced and am in the process of doing some major maintenance and will be replacing the fuel hoses. Has anyone used the Prestone FI Hose part number FJ0516. Size states 7.9mm ID

Haven’t used that but have had great success on my XJ-S with Gates Barricade FI hose. A couple of us doscussed its merits late last fall on here. Seems really high quality and won’t leak liquid fuel or unpleasant smell fuel in my experience!

Yes indeed, and especially for the hoses in the boot/trunk.

Note: you shouldntneedclamps on the hoses except the curved front ones …I found that because they curve they are subject to strain and leak if not clamped

Have never used clamps there or on any of the other FI and they have never leaked, but thanks for your input. I do use the cups on the injectors and fuel rail as IMHO they are there for a purpose acting like a “Chines Finger Hand Cuff”.
There are clamps needed on the line at the fuel cooler and the right fuel pressure regulator.
Going to buy the Gates FI hose today and ditch the Prestone hose as I can not find the receipt for those.

I used the cups too…one day i slightly pushed on the front hose…which were not molded curved hoses…and a little gas bled out…thats why i clamped the front hoses…just to be safe.

BBought what the parts store said was the Gates Barricade 5/16 hose but when home put on some glasses and see that it is not for fuel injection engines. Looked it up and max working pressure is 50 PSI. So now I’ll try to find the hose at a different source.
On Line the Gates part number for Barricade 5/16 ID hose in a 2 foot package is Gates 27348. If you are looking at the reel of hose the Gates numbers are for different lengths and they are H344, H357, H349 and H354.
Another local shop said they have the hose but when asked what the reel number was reel number they gave me was H312 and that too is for a carburated engine and is not to be used on fuel injection systems. All the info is from the Gates website.

Don, The Barricade FI hose is available all day long from multiple E-Bay suppliers. I buy it in 25 foot rolls. You need to be careful though…you want it “fuel injection hose” not just “fuel hose”. The hose you want is SAE30R14T2 and that number should be stamped in white on the hose. It is CARB compliant. SD Faircloth

Thank you sir. I just purchased enough hose this morning from a NAPA store in Katy Texas. SAE30R14T in printed on it followed by 2018 which should be the year it was made. Hope there are enough muscles left in the old body to be able to push in on over the barbs without any lubricant.

I used a touch of vaseline, and I had no problem pushing the hoses onto the barbs. But beware, you can’t pull them off. So make sure they are all cut the same size!

That’s why I had the man himself in this thread, SD Faircloth, send me the hoses pre-cut. :slight_smile:

I didn’t know anybody still made non-EFI hose. Why would they do that?

1 Like