Fuel injector connectors are falling apart

Oil pressure switch. Just got to make sure the threads are right.

It will be easier (or if I remember possible) if you take out the throttle pedestal before trying to uninstall/install the oil switch.

Yeah it’s looking like I’m gonna have to pull the pedestal. I have no idea how that thing could’ve melted but I’m glad I caught it! Luckily the fuel rail is out at the moment shouldn’t be too bad to pull the throttle pedestal

Howie,
The bolts at the rear of the pedestal are a real PITA to remove and replace. Some of us have modified the pedestal to allow easier access to those bolts. I recently posted before and after pictures on this list showing the mounts in our two V12 Jaguars that I had a local machine shop do for me.

Paul

1 Like

Thanks I read that last night and I would love to have the modification done it looks much easier that way. At the moment I’m more focused on getting on the road and I’ll have to add that to the list. This car hasn’t moved in 17 years.

Just finished the injectors. Hopefully get this thing fired up tomorrow and I’ll let everyone know how it goes!

1 Like

Hi. Just found his number and SMSd him to find out if he is still doing them and what is his email. Keep you informed.

Trev

1 Like

He’s still doing them… jagyrsrus@yahoo.com
Trev

1 Like

Regarding pedestal, I’ve never had a problem getting off the back two bolts as is. 1/4" drive with long extension and swivel is the key.

The only hard part is getting the bolts started. But I again use the 1/4" drive with extension and swivel minus the ratchet, put some masking tape in the socket to hold the bolt in, and am able to thread them no problem.

That’s a good idea. I’ll use the masking tape trick. Funny I’ve never thought of that but I’ll probably be using that more often.

If you modify the pedestal with a hacksaw you can leave the two difficult bolts in place, loose, and then engage the pedestal in position and tighten everything back up! (When you have some free time!)IMG_2732

I don’t even take the tps/throttle plate off to go through the top. I go from backside.