Fuel Injector Retainer Clips

I pulled off all my injector connectors (1988 XJS V12), all came off with no breakage, the plastic seems to be in great shape.

But I seem to be missing 2 of the U-shaped retaining clips, probably fell off somewhere.

Is there a source for these besides buying new connectors? Are they common on other connectors?
Thanks.

The Clip looks like this one in the photo:

Most of the newer style has the slightly different PUSH to RELEASE bar.

You can replace the original or go to a salvage yard and look at old BMW or similar cars that use the clip like your original?

Sometimes the little ‘square’ connectors can be removed from the plastic housing and swapped to the new plastic housing.

bob

I think I could have fabbed a couple in the time it took you to type the post!

1 Like

Greg,
I have a bunch of these left over from the rebuild I did of the EFI harness in my wife’s 1990 XJ-S convertible. I replaced the broken plastic connectors with new ones and kept some of the bits just in case I needed some of them in the future.

Send me a PM off list with your mailing address and I will mail them to you free of charge. Merry Christmas!

Paul

2 Likes

Thanks again Paul for your time, especially during the busy holiday season. Merry Christmas!

Greg,
You are quite welcome. I needed a short “car break” anyway since I was putting up our outside Christmas lights today and that takes me quite a while to do.

Paul

Ha. Last weekend, exact opposite for me. Was working on XJS for several hours, and took a break to put up Christmas lights. :christmas_tree: