Fuel Line diagram

I think what Dereksjag is referring to are the 1/4" black lines (I believe vent lines) running along C-pillar and along the top of the doors hidden by sheet metal and the headliner.
And if they can be disconnected in the trunk and vented directly outside from say the bottom of the car.
I’m trying to inspect these areas now. I believe in other threads, posts mention to replace all rubber hoses but not sure how to replace these small “vent” hoses in the interior.

I tried, but I gave up…

Aristides, I’m guessing your vent lines are not leaking after eliminating all the over possible “gas leaks”?

Does anyone know what this set up is about?

The sunroof motor?

1 Like

The vent hoses that go to the gas tank filler neck, just below the filler cap? This picture might help

Here a pic of the vapor cannister mounting

Correct. Drive cables for the sunroof. Hidden from view, on the other side of the bulkhead, is the motor

Cheers
DD

1 Like

I removed and replaced all of the fuel lines in the rear of the car, even those going to the fuel vapor separators in the C pillars and going to the fuel filler caps in my 1984 XJ6 Vanden Plas, when I had it repainted. It was pretty easy do at that point time because in preparation for the repaint I removed the rear seats, rear parcel shelf, rear windscreen, headliner, all of the trunk trim, the fuel filler caps, and the fuel tanks. I am certain that it can be done without some of that disassembly but I never did it that way. The XJ6 Parts Catalogue has a good diagram of the fuel hoses involved on page 1J11R.

Paul

1 Like

I have been chasing an inside cabin fuel smell that I 100% believed was coming from the trunk area, for years now.
I took Jochen’s advice. I ran the fuel pump while checking the rear and the front fuel lines very carefully.
Amazingly, I found a fuel leak right at the front above the water pump. There is a small maybe 1-1/2” long flexible fuel hose, that was probably original to the car, in between the return fuel line that was leaking. Seems Jaguar engineered this portion of the steel line as a break in the return line.
Here is a pic of the general area.
And then I zoomed on it with second pic.

1 Like

Yes, it’s the sunroof motor. About ten years ago, without any warning, when attempting to open the sunroof on my 1986 series 3 XJ6, the roof stuttered and jumped giving the feeling of a train 'jumping off the track." My mechanically inclined nephew who came over to visit me later instructed me to remove the rear seat squab. When the removal of the squab revealed the scenario as shown on the photo he removed the motor, then opened it up carefully noting how and where the various gears within were located. He then cleaned and lubricated each gear one at a time, then carefully reassembled the motor, followed by installation of the entire assembly in to the car. The sunroof has worked perfectly ever since.

Mel R

1 Like

Great job, John! Now let’s hope it was the only leak!

Good luck

Jochen

75 XJ6L 4.2 auto (UK spec)