Fuel line routing in tank

That was another one of my concerns. Whether the injectors were cycling or not. Maybe varnished up also. I have not had a chance to pull a plug yet. Although I would think if they were firing the engine would have at least sputtered a bit when I shot carb cleaner in the manifolds. I have purchased new plugs also, just have not put them in yet.
Thanks again,

Dan T.

Ok. I have the fuel pump circuit working properly. Turn the key and I get a 2.5 second shot of fuel to the engine. Verified with pressure side loose and shooting fuel into a gas can. I had shot some carb spray into the intake the other day, turned engine over and no joy. So today started to diagnose the ignition circuit. I have power to the + side of the coil with key on. I also have power to the - side of coil with key on. Cannot see if it will flash as now the car will not crank. I also cannot get it out of park and I know to press the brake. Could these two be related? I have checked the plugs at the transmission control unit in trunk and they are clean. I have read that there is a micro switch under center console that controls this. Think possibly car thinks its not in park. Need your expert advise again. Getting a little bummed today. Time for a time out and a beer!

Dan T.

Sounds like the battery is flat? No crank and failure to get out of Park indicate loss of battery power.

No. It is a brand new AGM battery and I had it on a computer controlled pulse battery charger all night the night before. Tested it with a Snap On load tester. Battery 100%.

Yes, that micro-switch under the centre console trim just forward of the gearshift lever is a likely candidate. It feeds information to the CPU to inhibit the starter relay and the gearshift interlock solenoid.

It has a 2-way black connector with a Black/pink wire and a Blue/slate wire

Ok now Iā€™m at a complete loss as to what to do next. I now have fire at the plugs and fuel to the engine. Engine will sputter with carb clean shot into manifold. Pulled all injectors, replaced filters, o-rings, pintel caps. The filters were plugged and they were stuck. After cleaning and resealing checked injector with 3.5 volts they fire and will pass fuel. Reinstalled everything and still no joy. Quit for today to have a think and to post my problems. What do you suggest I do next? I suspect the injectors are not firing but as I am on my own, kind of hard to use stesescope to listen and crank at same time. God I hope its not the computer.

P.S. Everything I have fixed needed it. But somehow I suspect I am dancing around a basic problem the car has had from the beginning. Just at a complete loss as to what it is or what to check next.