Fuel pressure woes

Hey yall,
1999 XK8 convertible. The car will not start intermittently due to no fuel pressure. What I have done so far is check the fuses, change the relay, changed the Fuel pump twice, the link wire in the tank and most recently the harness that goes on top of the tank!

It seems that if I have the tank out and change the pump the car will run fine for a day or a week and will eventually either not start or quit running while driving. It has spark for sure. when I first turn on the key I have 12 volts from the brown and yellow wire to ground it lasts for a second or less then you here the relay click and the twelve volts goes to zero. what can make the relay drop out like this?
I really could use some help here.

Thanks
Rich

I believe the problem may be a solenoid in the fuel line that is supposed to close and prevent the line from de-pressuring when the ignition is switched off. If this is not it, check the grounds. I don’t know much about the Jag fuel system, but this is a problem I’ve run into with other cars with fuel injection.

Thank you Grahame,
I will recheck the grounds. Both times I have replaced the pump it is with the “Car Quest” Brand. I do not know the builder of the pump but I am told it fits many brands of cars and maybe is too universal for this car. The Jaguar dealer wants 300 for a pump and what I have used are 90 dollars. maybe you get what you pay for?