Fuel pump AZX1308

I bought the new one fuel pump (su azx 1308) but I see the little conection metal pipe circle :o: …I don’t know what’s is it…return ? where suppose to should be conect…

The arrow signs show another conector ( cover with black plastic…it’s respirator?

Thanks

The hose conector circled is in case the pump develops a fault , you need to connect a hose to it and run it out under the car , so the fuel will not stay in side the car .
The arrow is pointing to the breather !

2 Likes

Not too sure on that. The hose barb is on the “dry” side of the diaphragm. I believe it may be in case the diaphragm develops a leak, the fuel will drain through this barb before reaching the points.

lol , that’s what I said :thinking:

Sorry then, I misunderstood your post.

1 Like

That barb is for a vent hose. The venting or pressure equalization is required so a vacuum doesn’t take place on the back side of the pump.

I’m thinking about that …I suppose conect a hose to the pump to discharge some leak…the mufflers or tail pipe is too hot and too close to this side…:thinking:

Dick , the black plastic is the vent at the back , the barbed tube is to attach a drain hose , or if the is a fault with the pump , ie a split diaphragm , the fuel will pass through the hose and out the car , and not spill out into the boot ,
Only wants a spark and boom , your get plenty of venting then :rofl:

I hung mine down with the fuel tank vent , away from the tail pipe .

It should not leak , your know if you have a problem , the fuel pump will keep ticking !

Yes, it is an air vent. Air has to go in and out as the diaphragm moves in and out. Earlier pumps just had a little hole between two cast lugs, no hose barb, and no vent on the cap. It points down so dirt doesn’t get in there and plug it.

that’s plastic cap ( air vent)…no haven’t to remove…because I removed it and it has a little metal ball … so I better put it back on it…

with this question I say … thank you …for all