Fuel pump removal from 1995 xj6 vanden plas

Can anyone help me figure out how to remove the fuel pump from a 1995 xj6 vanden plas?

Professor,
You are on the wrong list. Your 1995 XJ6 is two generations newer than the cars discussed on this list and has very few parts in common. This list is for the Series I, II, and III XJ6s and XJ12s. You should be on the X300 list.

Paul

Sorry, I’LL try again.

I „dumped‘ it in #X300.
David

So, professor, are you still with us and still need help?

Yes. I just haven’t had time to get to the right forum and proceed. Thanks.

Pretty sure you have to remove the fuel tank to get to the pump …on the bright side, a new pump is rather inexpensive.

Check this and good luck:

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xj-xj6-xjr6-x300-26/x300-fuel-pump-replacement-easy-way-84363/

And if you do not want to cut a hole in your car below the parcel shelf, you need to remove the tank, which is many hours more work!

1 Like

I think I’ll try the back deck method.

I went with the rear package shelf method using a Dremel cut off wheel, not a cutting torch, sawsaw or jackhammer. Takes a little time & safety common sense & if your half way good with a measuring tape & medal fab you can make it look factory, something Jaguar should have done in the first place.
Fiddling around with those fuel pipe’s from under the car is no fun time. Been there done that !

Thanks for the encouragement. I fell away from the project for a while trying to work up the courage to roll the tank out. I’ll go with the rear dash method. I have a good selection of cutting tools such as the dremel and a fine short blade sheet metal cutter. I’m having a friend replace the sunroof perimeter and having the body gone over and repainted. I could probably replace the car for the cost of restoring it but it has great sentimental value to me and I can’t replace that. I haven’t visited Jaglovers in a few years. I’m happy to be back.

-R

Thank you for that link, Neil!

Got the pump and filter out vie back deck. Simplicity itself!

• Richard