Fuel regulator issues

Greetings, I own a 1992 Jaguar XJS v12. What is the PSI for the fuel regulator incoming and out going in order for the injectors to receive fuel?

The ‘incoming’ fuel pressure is fuel pump ‘raw’ pressure, Jesse - nominally 100+ psi. Worn pump may deliver anything below that - but below some 60 psi, the pump should be changed…

Fuel rail pressure is around 30 psi, give or take a tad. Out of spec regulator should be changed - or adjusted.

For the record; the regulator bleeds off fuel from the rail to regulate pressure - the ‘out’ line of the regulator, return fuel, has no pressure. It just returns to the tanks…

Frank
xj6 85 Sov Europe (UK/NZ)

Frank,
Thanks for the assist… By the way do you know the specific tool used to disconnect the send and return fuel lines that connect to the back of the fuel tank? They look like a form of quick release…

R/Jesse

No [quote=“Jesse1971, post:3, topic:370853, full:true”]
Frank,
Thanks for the assist… By the way do you know the specific tool used to disconnect the send and return fuel lines that connect to the back of the fuel tank? They look like a form of quick release…

R/Jesse
[/quote]

No ‘quick release’ on any fuel line connections, Jesse…

But some versions used ‘barbs’ to hold the connections instead of visible clamps…?

Frank
xj6 85 Sov Europe (UK/NZ)

Jessee,
I see that you have a 1992 facelift XJS V12. You are on the wrong list. This list is for the Series I, II, and III XJ6s and XJ12s saloons and coupes.

You car is newer and much different than the ones discussed here.

Perhaps someone on the XJ-S list with a car like yours can.help.

Paul