Fuel tank felt size

Sizes and location of felt

under the tank… then… or now ?

Sorry guys this was sent in error when looking for the subject in the archives.

Following some input from the forum and from a designer friend I have decided to use neoprene (the same stuff as scuba wet suits) and use Geocel 3300 as a adhesive/sealant. I am not sure of the exact location of the strips other than either side of the top of the tank (in line with the filler tube) and along the top front edge. Any help appreciated.
Mike

You may want to check a bit more before using neoprene. It takes at least a couple of days for my wetsuit to dry completely after a few hours in the ocean. Perhaps there are different grades of neoprene?

My thoughts, too - I thought the whole idea of a wetsuit was that you got wet, but the water stays warm?

Make sure anything you use is closed-cell.

I shall certainly test it before applying, although not by submerging it 100ft in salt water! Come to think of it with global warming and sea level rise perhaps that would be a realistic test. Happy diving.

Trunk lid weatherseal strip. 1/4" x 3/4" closed cell rubber. Comes in a 10 foot roll for about $8. I think I got it at Advance Auto Parts.
Its been on my Volvo S80 between the trunk lid and the rear window glass for about 10 years, seems to be doing just fine, no deterioration on a car that sits outside all the time, still keeping the leaves out.