Fuse box grommet XK150

I am enjoying (?!) the process of rewiring the fuse box on my late model 150 FHC. Other than the taming of the spagetti monster my biggest problem is replacing the three rubber gromets in the base plate. Does anyone know a source for these or have a work-around to protect the wires as the erupt from the underworld into the land of the fuses. Also, it has been my practice to lightly “tin” the wire ends where they enter terminal blocks, although the mass of wires to be sweezed into some of the terminals gives me pause. Any advice?
Happy New Year
Mike

HI Mike (and a happy new year to you too!)
I am in the process of fitting a new wiring loom and just dealt with this. I used a couple of 25mm grommets and cut them and used black mastic to join them and make a larger grommet.
For the 1/2 circle, again I used a 25mm grommet and cut it and glued into place with mastic. I used a bolt to keep the ends separate whilst the mastic dried.

I just have to trim the bottom off with a knife and it should do fine…
Cheers, Jon

Thanks Jon, I will give that a try.
Mike

Jon:
that is a wonderful idea. I am starting to wire my XK 150S. If you have any pictures and would consider sharing I would greatly appreciate you sending them to me
Thank You
Denny

Hi Denny,
More than happy to. I’ve amassed a few photos from XKdata showing cable runs on other XK150s to try and work out the correct route (The loom was missing from my XK when I took her over) I’d like to put these in the XKlovers photo album, but not sure if this is still up and running… I will do a shared Google Album in the meantime.

Hi Denny,
I have been a bower-bird where it comes to these images; capturing them from blogs, websites etc. Many of these were from Gezzler’s amazing blog Jaguar XK150 Restoration
Here is a Google Photo Album of images I have accrued. I’ve left it open so others can add to it for everyone’s benefit. XK150 Electrical wiring images

Jon:

Thank you very much. I took pictures when I removed my wire loom, but my computer crashed and am finding it hard to remember 5 years ago.

I am a Neanderthal when it comes to computers. Evidently comes with my age. I will certainly try the XK Data thing

Thanks again

Denny

JON:

My car is listed on XK Data…………S831031DN.

Denny

Thanks Denny = That is an amazing colour! Good luck with the reassembly progress :smile:
You showed me yours, so I’ll show you mine :wink: - S824792DN

Jon:

Thank you so very much. They will be extremely helpful.

Denny