Gates Hose Interchange- Upper Rad Ser 2 4.2?

Looked at Mike’s interchange list and no upper rad hose availed- has anybody come up with an equivalent?
Silicone could be good but the kits are pricey, in my opinion, and have not been able to find a source other than “the usuals”.
Thx,
Huff
69 2+2

hoses.pdf (1012.0 KB)
Got this from Cool Cats, just replaced my radiator and hoses using their guide. The one piece bottom hose is the cats meow! Bought them off of ebay and amazon last week.

1 Like

Dennis,
Thanks much for sharing. Upon review I am not sure that the (lower) Gates hose I recently ordered is correct- Gates 22082, which was what other posters were listing. This new (to me) chart has it listed as Gates 21053- can anyone confirm one or the other or both?
Thanks again,
Huff
69 2+2

Huff, 21053 worked on my car.

Gates 22022. At RockAuto for $17.90 If you’re talking about the small air bleed hose, that’s sold by the foot at any parts store.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=3129&cc=0&pt=10068&jsn=755

Thanks, Folks,
22022 looks to be correct for the upper, yet the lower- 22082 or 21053? Both?

Thx,
Huff

…I ordered both prospective lowers, just in case and can return one, if need be.
Thx again

You can look up both of these hoses on the O’Reilly website, and they have a 360 degree spin view to get a good perspective of how they might fit. That site also lists the dimensions, including the ID of each end of the hose… you will note that each end of one of those hoses is slightly larger ID than the other.
Best of luck,
Jay

1 Like

Update- got the hoses thru Home Depot, oddly enough (who knew?) which may be one of the reasons for the upper to be short (Gates 22022 looked longer in the listing images):

so will go to the FLAPS to see what they have, return the shortie to HD, along with one of the (2) lowers’ candidates (I understand that the length would need to be reduced/cut for whichever I keep- I am leaning towards the Gates 21053 vs the 22082):

Will try to update after new upper hose purchase.