Gear box / overdrive leak

That bushing diameter is odd/strange. That is equivalent to 19.5 mm.
Did they really bore it out to a metric size? Why would they do that?
You may have to get one for a .750" bore and sleeve or glue it in place.

This industrial supply place seems to have a lot of Jaguar parts, though they don’t know it.

You might look at their part numbers:
5154T31
9505K37
9691K52

Another industrial supply shop that has provided me with Jaguar parts.
www.motionindustries.com
These seals are pretty close to the size you may need.
part #01306824 = Timken National 240385 (this one is .7600" OD)
01293771 = SKF 3680
01317498 = Timken National 330385
01307068 = Timken National 340385

I had measured the bushing bore/depth previously in mm using the seal that came out and just converted. I can’t get a micrometer into the place where the seal has been fitted to measure the grove itself. It is 1/2 inch up the bore of the bushing. Means the measurements are nominal.

I had a quick luck at the cup seals like 5154T31 from mcmaster. I think they may the the solution. I’ll contact them and check on the structure of the seal and if I can get it into place.

Rob - thanks for the advice and perseverance.

Dave

Ordered two different ‘O-Ring Supported U-Cup Seals’ in nitrile. Neither is perfect but both are close.

Cheers.
Dave

Here is the closest of the two oil seals I got. Looks good. In real life it is a little closer than it looks. Allowing for expansion and deterioration of the original this will be a good fit. There is an o-ring supporting the inner lip so that will give a better contact. It is harder than the original but soft enough I think to get in.

Now I plan to drain the box again, drain the over drive, and fit this before moving on to the next job

Thanks guys and Rob in particular
Dave