General comments printing etc

XJ40 forum with FIREFOX 71
How to bench test R blower
1 printed it all first picture came out OK but subsequent 6 pictures all came out pixelated - useless–l
2 I right hand column reading old posts there are no year date just month and day… Year dates would be useful. or date (month day year) each posting
3 Gray fonts the new trend-flavor of the internet day are at times hard to read. Lack of contrast is the issue. As I get older and my small laptop does not grow in size this becomes more of an issue.
4 Printing articles. as I printed the R Blower postings, it took 4 pages and there’s hardly anything there. The whole right side is white space…
Any way to print postings and string the text full page width? Maybe special radio button PRINTABLE VERSION takes you to a full width format view of postings??

Just some thoughts
Yes I can imagine it is a pain in the but to revise code.

Hi ???,

Thanks for your feedback! These days we’re using a standard forum software package called Discourse. Although it is open source, we don’t currently have anyone with the time nor the required expertise in CSS, Ruby on Rails etc. to actually revise the code.

A lot of things on the Forum are configurable via the system settings, but I couldn’t find any setting for the day/date issue you mention. I do completely agree with you though, it would be very useful. As things stand, we can only hope that the Discourse developers will at some point implement this.

With regards to your printing issues, there are just too many variables to make an informed comment. I performed two tests on my computer, and it worked as I would expect. When I selected Print in my browser (first Safari on macOS, and then Firefox 76 on macOS), a new window popped up and loaded with a printable version of the same page. The pictures looked decent, and there’s some white space to the right of the pictures, but not excessively so, and not to the right of the text.

Are you sure you’re seeing the printable version of the page? Firefox will disallow pop-up windows by default. You may have to change a setting in Firefox to allow pop-up windows on forums.jag-lovers.com, but that’s just a guess.

Gunnar

Thanks gunnar
Thanks for your feedback! These days we’re using a standard forum software package called Discourse. Although it is open source, we don’t currently have anyone with the time nor the required expertise in CSS, Ruby on Rails etc. to actually revise the code.
WOW my suspicion that it was someone elses CODE to wade through and thats a nightmare!!!

as for printing in FIrefox weird… in past printing the posts (yes the narrow column) but PICS printed AOK… and again it is very strange the first PIC in the BLOG POST printed AOK and all others like someone magnified the image 50x… funny odd,

Cans say Im thrilled with the new Firefox either the developers keep taking away customization choices…

Thanks again
Brad K
NY USA

1 Like

anyway

Gunnar

You your family and friends staff stay safe…

Brad K
USA

Brad,

Thank you, and the same to you and yours!

Kind regards,
Gunnar