Getting into the boot

Hi,

This is my first post as a proud owner of a Daimler Double Six. Unfortunately, I have a nasty problem.

So my car is fitted with a kind of circuit breaker. It is fitted in the boot and normally used for saving the battery in winter.

Due to a problem with the battery constantly being drained, I decided to engage said breaker and see if this would resolve the problem overnight (no drain
with the breaker engaged might indicate leak current and not a faulty dynamo or battery).

Unfortunately, without power to the cars systems, the electronic boot release in the glove box won’t work. And, to make matters worse, not of the three keys seem to open the boot, which apparently is locked.

My question is, is there a way to connect a battery (or other 12v power source) directly to the central locking mechanism (for instance on the 2 poles in the fuse box or possibly on the 2 leads running into the glove box mounted boot release switch)? My intention would be to circumvent the circuit breaker so I can get into the boot…

I am assuming that the circuitbreaker probably cuts of either the + or - for the rest of the car. Any other suggestions to getting power back are most welcome.

Drilling a hole in the rear would be a final resort but I am hoping some clever person will help me get power restored to avoid drilling…

Kind regards,

Ramses

Sometimes the trunk lock is very stubborn so wiggling the key while turning can often do the trick …worth a try I suppose (green valet key won’t work, only black master key)

Otherwise, I believe there are some threads in the archive about members successfully getting access to the trunk lock without a key …

here’s one solution from 1998, (British model, hopefully your layout is the same) :wink:

Remove the number plate. Drill out the plastic rivets that hold the number
plate mounting plate and remove it. Underneath this, you will see a number
of elongated holes, probably covered with tape. The hole that is about 3
inches to the right of centre is the one you need. Look inside with a
torch, and you will see a small lever. Reach inside with a smallish
screwdriver, and the move the lever, boot should spring open.

Good Luck

Brendan
Manchester UK
89 Sovereign

Hello Brendan,

thanks for your message. Luckily, I could use the electronic boot release by setting power to the engine bay ‘battery’ points.

Thankfully no drilling required :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Regards,

Ramses