Glovebox light 1983 xj6 vp

Finally got everything working correctly except for the light in the glove box. Can anyone tell me how the cover comes off this light?
Col

Testie2,
The glove box light will only come on with the headlights turned on. Did you try that?

Paul

Thanks Paul, I did not know that. Now all eleven lights work!

Now just to enjoy driving it, with no fuel problems or electrical gremlins.

Testie2,
The glove box issue comes up from time to time on this Jag-Lovers list. I suspect that the archives has some posts about having the headlight switch on before the glove box light will come on.

Once I sorted them out my two Series III XJ6s and XJ12 have been pretty reliable. Your 1983 XJ6 is now 36 years old so stuff will happen depending on how well it was taken care of in the past.

Paul

Luckily it has been looked after but I noticed some of the contacts on the fuses needed a clean just to make contact with test lamp plus they are hidden where my eyes can not see easily. Anyway now I know a lot more about this car than I did. Thanks for all who helped with this and other worries that have cropped up in resent weeks
Col

So true. I now see my 83 in that light. Still too cool to install Paul’s door switch… 50’s F around here. I’d like another 10 at least, 70 would be so nice. And that N breeze, it bites, even if the sun is out !!!

Carl