Goodwood Revival 2021

Well thank you for making some else happy and telling everyone. Your description does make me want to be there.

Thank you for this! I am at home with a herniated disc so would have missed it anyway. Just downloaded VLC and hope I am recording it to watch later as not at home. Been there twice when I lived in Kent and just the best day out ever especially if the sun comes out. Really enjoyed the spitfire shows too if they still running them.

Unreal racing
Real racing!

in “real cars”…with gears, levers and actual throttle linkage.

watching live right now and casting the image to big screen tv. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Watching all these cars that I love…which are very expensive… sustaining body damage it occurs to me how inexpensive it is to own a Jag if you keep it in boxes.

1 Like

Guys smoking , Woman dressed up
It’s just great!
This is the ultimate event
Modern F 1 , NASCAR and Indy league are all a joke today!
20 years ago they were parade laps today they are going faster compared to new!
Total class event all round!
Cheers
Gtjoey

don’t understand why the Alfa isn’t walking away from everyone. I would think that would be the ideal car for this.

anyone know what size engine the #77 A 40 has in it. I was there a couple yrs ago and saw this thing win, it sounded like he was using 10,000 RPM

I’ll guess it’s a highly-modded A series Austin: in American classes where they are used, they do wind up to 10K.

On three main bearings:flushed:

How about the lister!
Brindle in the Etype!
Are they allowed 5 speeds?
If not at 110 mph a lap they must be pushing 10,000 rpm?

948? 1275?

yes I recall trying to race a Spitfire against A engines. You will blow up a Spitfire about 2k short of that

I think the grey MK1 in the St Marys race is the famous Coombs car BUY 1.

David
68 E-type FHC

how come they didn’t have the Kinrara (?) trophy this year of GT cars racing into darkness. That was incredible.

Open wheel BRM now
Just great

Why do I see brake ducts under the nose of one of the Jag sedans but not under the Thunderbird?

Why doesn’t any one enter a 64 Falcon Sprint…They won the Monte Carlo that year(?) so they must be homologated?

It was renamed the Stirling Moss Memorial. Great race. The full race is available on YouTube.

1 Like

I know!

The A Austin engines, in highly-modded spec, are astonishing power plants.

A design of the 30s, originally specced for 20-odd ponies, able to wind to 10 grand, and make 140 hp…!!!

At least some of the Lightweights had ZF 5 speeds back in the day but Peter Wilson explained in his book that the way they mounted it turned out to crack the aluminium XK blocks.

David
68 E-type

Got it!
Just wasn’t sure if they use modern 5 speeds
If allowed
They are pulling huge revs!

I think they are pretty picky that they are original type configurations without any modern type upgrades.

I think this is the D-type that was battling for the lead in the Freddie March race but had the dust up with the Maserati. Still running though with a tweaked bonnet. Not a good weekend for the Jaguars damage-wise.

http://coventryracers.collectordata.com/cars/detail/?car=XKD558

David
68 E-type FHC

Maserati won
But the Dtype came all the way back!