"Goorgenpalang" a/k/a "Steve"

Anyone know what is going on with his Ebay items? I just tried to buy a trio of XJS door fasteners and it says supposedly he is “not accepting bids or offers” from me and it won’t let me even send him a message to find out what’s going on. I’ve bought many parts from his store to date. :confused:

Everything appears normal to me for this seller. It sounds like he blocked you as a buyer, perhaps inadvertently. You should consider this a lucky break because his prices appear to be ridiculous. BCC2303 Is a good example… he’s sold 43 of them for $47 each. Amazon has them for $15.

1 Like

@ Gourgen
He is not Steve (you’ve asked this question before and I, aka Steve told you that he is a member here) and I am sure there is a good reason why he doesn’t want your business.
JL is not the place to address these issues.

Well, he has parts that are NLA and no one is 3D printing. He is free to charge as he sees fit for his property, sell to whom he wishes, and customers are free to take it or leave it.

That being said, as of recently, used parts for the XJS are getting more expensive and inaccessible than E type parts!! Often, I find that I can go to Jaguarclassicparts.com and find a part new and delivered from England for a fraction of the cost that it’s advertised used. When the part is NLA, however, it’s a real problem, at least for me. I am willing to pay maybe 2,3,4, maybe even 5 times the cost of what something used would have cost new, but when a part that was 5 dollars new is costing 120 used, I have to pass and just really think about investing in a 3D printer for myself.

1 Like

Skip through to 25 minutes in.
1 Like

here is another 3D printing aluminum intake manifold.
https://youtu.be/IUp3oCGZOzk

2 Likes

Just…wow.

Amen to that, John. :+1: Probably did me a favor by blocking me. Some people have no business owning businesses, IMHO.

Oh, and do you have any idea what that “good reason” might be? :confused: And being blocked, as I pointed out, how can one “address” it with him but on here? Sounds like bad business judgment to refuse to sell to someone who has bought $100s in the past from them and had plans to buy $100s more in the next month or so. Oh well, as has been mentioned, he’s not the only source and the parts he has he mostly wants exorbitant prices for. Rather sad, b/c I’ve bought parts before from him to patronize a fellow J-Ler when I could have gone with another vendor for less $$, so long as his price was not too far off the mark. :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Wow: just went and looked at his/her prices.

Yep, some blocks are a godsend.

It’s amazing that someone complaining about what someone else prices their product at is an attorney.
Attorney’s aren’t exactly know for their benevolent pricing structure.

Just my 2 cents but he does maintain a store even if it is E-bay. I don’t believe anyone or very few consider the time it takes to secure items or remove them from a parts car. I have five parts cars and will sell items occasionally but may times it is not worth it to pull away from my full time earning mission to pull a part, photograph it, package it and ship it. This is even though I hate to see any part go to waste and I like helping out another car enthusiasts.There are enough sources for parts that if one doesn’t like the cost they can keep shopping.

1 Like

Irrelevant, wrt to the prices on the webpage.

This kind of pricing for used XJS parts that are NLA has become common, sadly. I continue to completely stand by the fact that people are free to sell to whom they wish for the amount that they wish, but it is disappointing.

I came across a post in the “other” forum for someone offering a XJS AJ16 ECU for 1k dollars(!!!) to another forum member who needed it…this is from a wrecked car he was parting that probably cost less than 1500 to obtain…I was shocked and appalled, and grateful that I have two backup ECU’s that I bought for less than 200 a piece. I understand the time and effort it takes to obtain and part a car, but to charge 1/2 or more of what your entire parts car cost for one single part is egregious. I respectfully pass.

Wayne,

Sometimes I wish posts on this forum had a ‘like’ button.

Andy.

3 Likes

It has a heart button…

Andy,
Do you not know that the web page has the heart feature?

Paul

Paul,

99% of the time I view posts on this list/forum from emails received so I was not aware of the :heart: button. I’m replying to you via the forum & am glad I am because I never received the pictures or posts about ‘The Houston Flood Car’ in my email inbox.

Regards

Andy.

the fact that people are free to sell to whom they wish for the amount that they wish

Unless you own a bakery in the United States :slight_smile:
Sorry guys for going a bit off, but couldn’t resist.

5 Likes

I agree that things should be sold at a fair price. A fair price is different to everyone.
An example. I am in the construction business and a retired fellow that does light duty and driving for me is also licensed to do the replacement of residential gas service lines. This requires a federal license, drug testing, and two yearly classes and tests. It has become a racquet. People have their gas line red tagged and shut of by the gas company and there are guys that charge thousands of dollars for the same work that my associate does for normally a third to a quarter of what the others charge and he makes a tidy sum. He could charge more but doesn’t want to take advantage of people in their time of need. Many do not have that mindset.