Grease choice for an E

Many topics about what type of oil to use in our engines but not much talk about what type of grease to use for U-Joints , Ball joints, steering rack…

My grease gun had an AP grease and just ran out so …what kind of grease do you use on your E ?

Marco

This Hemmings article describes the basic types of grease and their applications

https://www.hemmings.com/magazine/hmn/2012/12/Grease-for-Specific-Jobs/3720071.html

I use super lube for a lot of things as it is rated GC-LB

Any decent gun grease works juuuust fine.

For DECADES, Ive used whatever was on sale. 50 years on…so far, so good!

Now, we can step back and let this forum dos wut it duz best…:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I use some kind of high pressure red grease from Valvoline. I chose it for two reasons. Price and it seems not to separate in the gun like the other stuff I’ve used in the past. I guess a third reason is it will blend into the paint color if I get any on the car. :sunglasses:

I

1 Like

That’s what I mostly use too.

I also have a gun with white Lithium, which is what I use for window winders, and door hinges and such.

I use Super Lube on pretty much everything too. It’s also dielectric and food grade.

–Drew

Where the HELL you eatin’ high tea???
:joy::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Well Paul you did invite that with your previous mischievous comment :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks to all for the replies.
I’ll continue to use my Valvoline multi purpose #2 EP GC-LB rated red grease (thanks Erica) for European cars . So far it has worked well for the last 8 years …

Marco

1 Like