Great e type video

3 Likes

Very nice video, and, the guy from Wall Street actually knows how to pronounce the name, correctly, unusual for an American!!

Nicely done!

I like how he went to “Geneeever!”

:grimacing:

1 Like

Yes I thought it was interesting but then again, Americans will do things that will be regarded as strange .:smile:

Beautiful, nice to see the car, even tho modified, kept pristine.

pauls

Yea… drive our Jags down dirt roads… race them… use them to go get engine blocks from machine shops…:grimacing:

I find it very interesting that it is always Americans that pronounce other cultures’ words incorrectly. I do not believe others pronounce American words like Americans do. Matter of fact, when a foreigner visits our country and pronounces “our” words with their accent, we are criticized if we criticize their accents on our words. We are not inclusive. So we certainly should be able to do the same for other cultures. Interesting, people will debate the pronunciation of Jaguar, but I never hear anyone debate Mercedes. We do not pronounce it like the Germans do.
Tom

Enjoyed that! Thank you

Yea, now if ALL of us pronounced it properly, as the original culture of the jaguarundi pronounces it…

:grimacing:

Canadians also pronounces words incorrectly, for example jaguar which is pronounced jag-wire. Not sure if it’s sounds cute or correct, or the Brits finds it funny or cute. Lets fact it, basically every sentence with english speaking Canadians, add Aaaaaa, to the sentence, how funny is that? hahahaha…Just for jokes guys…

But what constitutes correctly? Certainly within American English, there are multiple ways to pronounce many words, multiple ways that have been accepted by legitimate dictionaries. I just searched jaguar and got both [ˈjaɡˌwär, ˈjaɡˌyo͞oər]. One cannot legitimately state that one is correct and one is not. And when we cross cultures and language, anything is possible. Recently I hear more and more “authorities” trying to tell us the “correct” way to pronounce other languages’ words, to not “Americanize” them. Why not? They do the same to our words. As to English, take BMW. I always hear it pronounced bee em double u. I believe Germans say bay em vey, which is their pronunciation for their alphabet letters. Yet no one fusses about it.
Tom

True: it just provides malcontents something to argue about.

There are sons actual points of contention, wrt proper pronunciation of certain words: my Aussie ex quickly learned it’s “tore-TEE-ya,” not “tore-TILL-a,” which apparently is common in Oz.

Jag-war, Jag-you-ah, either way works.

1 Like

Well hell, throw all pronunciation aside… I’ll take pride in an American using “it’s” properly in a sentence!! :grin:

RobY
American enjuneer

Grammar; it’s a lost art. :blush: People used to take pride in knowing the difference between words like it’s and its or your and you’re and using them correctly.

What kind of train do you drive? :innocent:

1 Like

Drive and maintain:
2016 Kia Optima SXL
2017 Kia Sportage (wife’s car)

Maintain and train:
1995 Camaro Z28 (eldest son’s car)
2006 Eclipse GT (youngest son’s car)

Love, remember, read, learn, grow, appreciate, and work on, etc:
1968 S1.5 OTS

Profession and pay for the above:
NASA engineer - Kennedy Space Center, FL

RobY

3 Likes

OK, you got me. :grinning:

My 70-year old Mother-in-Law has spent her entire life in San Diego, and just in the last 5 years, has lost the ability to pronounce ANYTHING on a Mexican restaurant menu…it’s bizarre.

The look on the waiters’ faces is worth the price of admission alone.

You’re welcome… :sunglasses:

Absolutely Paul, in the past they had rally races here in the New York New Jersey area with cars decorated the same, hopfully we will have a chance to return to those good old days…

I agree Paul, but it’s a far cry from jag – wire…hahahaha