Great Quality Key Fob

As a follow up, just for information, here is a close up of my key fob. It looks old, made in England. I looked at my other key, it’s on an Alfa Romeo key fob with Jag XKE written in black marker on the back! I can tell you that one for sure is original.

I have a similar old fob. looks like same manufacturer. cant tell you any more about either one tho !

John - your key fob appears on page 159 of Bud’s book.

Bob - a very rare chequerboard fob because it is marked ‘E-Type’ rather than ‘Jaguar’. Page 148 of Bud’s book

Bill - I assume it is marked CUD on the back in which case very rare. Page 178 of Bud’s book

David - it does indeed have CUD on the back :slight_smile: it used to be my daily driver fob but is now retired…

Thanks David. I will be buying Bud’s book.
Bob

Take care of it Bill as they sell for $750+ and the price continues to rise after the publication of the book. Bud has a list of the most desirable Jaguar fobs and it comes in the top five.

1 Like

Thanks for the info.

Looking at mine, I’m guessing it rates low.

Well, in Bud’s top 40 fobs Bill’s rates No 4 and Bob’s is No 25. Yours John is certainly from the 1960’s according to Bud but not rare enough to feature in the top 40. Still a beautiful period fob though and one to treasure. Bear in mind there were over 300 different Jaguar key fobs produced by various manufacturers over the years.

That’s the one Tweety got sold with…dammit.

1 Like

Thanks. I did think it was original to the car and believe it is knowing how this car was kept. I could tell it probably wasn’t one of the premium ones at the time.

I bought the torpedo growler with Vintage Black leather, J12 that you recommended, for the spare key for a different fob shape and badge and will give the original fob and key a rest tucked away with the pouch and manuals.

Thats the exact same as my fob on the far left. you will like it.

Ultimate E Type fob

2 Likes

I didn’t know Tiffany’s licensed the Jaguar Growler :rofl:

kinda fits that there is a handcuff key on that ring!!

for your files. Records show the donor purchased this in 1970

4 Likes

I’ve my primary set of keys on one like that in tan leather except that the metal badge has “JAGUAR” spelled out in gold letters with the leaper leaping to the left above the lettering. I got it years ago from Classic Jaguar. My secondary set is on a black tear drop leather fob with the metal badge being the Jaguar Club of Houston logo in cloisonne. I’ve no idea where either were made, but both are quality pieces and quite durable. I’d guess there are multiple sources out there, but originals like David supplied pictures of are probably rare.

The ignition key on the left I’ve painted red to easily differentiate it from the glove box key. Both are aftermarket with the same head size

Got mine in Navy. Great match to the interior.

2 Likes

Got mine today from Richard @ Classic Leather Fobs. Great product, great communication, great transaction all around.

2 Likes

Unusual “cat” face…maybe its the photo.