Grey gasket material

I have been having trouble with gaskets that appear to be compressing too much. The cam cover, oil pan, and intake manifold gaskets are of a grey material that is similar to what I have always seen on 4.2 intake manifolds. While these gaskets look like they are substantial they have a surface that feels a bit waxy. In each of these three applications I have found that when I went back a few weeks later all nuts were surprisingly loose and needed tightening. For example, today I went to check on the oil pan gasket and all needed only about 1/8 turn with a wrench and then I could wind them off with my fingers. This engine has no miles on it. Only some starts for making adjustments for ign. and fuel.
Most of my experience has been with 3.4 engines. Those gaskets were usually tan from some kind of thick paper material. I always checked those after a few miles but never found any loose as I see now.
No info sheets are provided with these new gaskets. I do not expect them to be the modern self sealing type. I expect to use Ultra Black on these. There may be some consideration for compression of the sealer itself.
Has anyone found this need to re tighten these? Or maybe another type of gasket readily available?
Art

I used the grey gaskets recently, they certainly seem thinner and “weaker” than early-style gaskets.

I use a torque wrench whenever possible, and re-torque after a short time…will be extra careful