Gudgeon Pins for 3.8 engine?

As part of the rebuild of a 3.8 motor for my Mk 2 I would like to replace the gudgeon pins. However they seem to no longer be available through ‘the usual suspects’. Has any one found a source for these? Or perhaps discovered that pins from some other engine will fit? Any help or hints appreciated.

Cheers,
Tom

You have not tried all of the Usual suspects. Try C-17164 for the part number. You should be able to find them easily.

For me the ‘usual suspects’ are XKS Unlimited, SNG Barratt, Welsh, and Terrys Jag. A search of their web sites turns up no gudgeon pins using the part number you supplied. Terrys does list a part under that number but it is the small rod bushing. Also I spoke directly to SNG who told me they no longer can source the pins and there isn’t enough call for them to warrant their manufacturing their own.

I haven’t tried overseas suppliers in the UK, Australia, or New Zealand yet.

I just received an email from Boone who used to be my point of contact at Welsh. I bought a lot of parts over the years from Boone and was shocked to hear that he is no longer working at Welsh. Anyway Boone is a fountain of knowledge about Jaguar parts and he wrote to say that the wrist pins are discontinued. They are available with a new set of pistons but not as individual items. There is, of course, always the possibility that someone has NOS on a shelf somewhere.