Had to share... parking lot dilemma

I know we had a thread sharing our experiences with this but couldn’t find it. Had to share anyway :grin:

Quick spin to the store for necessities. Of course, parking as far away as possible, with plenty of spaces elsewhere…

Come out to this :disappointed:

Never fails whatever precautions you take…

1 Like

Yep never fails. Lol

Probably did it on PURPOSE! :slight_smile:

1 Like

You just don’t understand Jeff.
She parked next to your car to admire it.
She also parked so opening her driver’s door cannot ding your car.
( Hoping she has no pax ).
Some Jag owners are just over sensitive.
I am one of them and park in the furthest corner of the parking lot.
Gave the convertible its annual canuba wax polish last week.
Only drive that car on sunny days maybe 10 times a year.
Even so noticed somebody gave me another small ding duuring 2021.

Some guy at the local outlet mall parked his Ferrari way out in the middle of nowhere…. So I parked with him.

3 Likes

Sometimes I wonder if the second driver is thinking “if I park next to that expensive good-looking car, I I will probably not get my car dinged” - haven’t thought of any better reason yet - Tex.

It’s something to do with herd instinct. If there’s a car parked there, it must be a good place to park, so I’ll park right next to it.

1 Like

Yep - that makes sense also - Tex.

My pet peeve is SUV’s and vans that park right next to me, blocking my vision when backing out of a spot. I always try to find a spot I can pull through and be able to pull out going forward. My ex thought there was something sacred about the lines and that I was breaking some rule when I crossed one.

I have often parked where no one else was, only to come back and find a big honkin’ pick up on one side and a van on the other side. I hate it when I have to do the creep and crunch to back out.

Nice MGB. I don’t like Ferrari’s.

2 Likes

When people purposely straddle two park spaces I try to mess with them. Park close to driver side or such…if I am in my old beater Chevy truck.

I know Jeff did not… but sometimes seeing folks do the straddle gets my goat.

1 Like

Definitely a MGB fan.
Never had or drove a Ferrari.

2 Likes

…with a half dozen incorrigible children in the back seat, all of which scream with glee the instant the tank is shifted into P and bang open the rear doors into your car and jump out before the adults have their seat belts undone.

True parking story:

I had a dark blue D-Type replica and lived in a small Cambridgeshire village. Wife asked me to go get some crackers for a cheese and wine snack, so I drove a few miles to the nearest store. On arrival, I noticed a dark blue MGB with top down and parked at the far end of the lot, so I parked next to it. I figured a fellow car guy would get a kick out of an adjacent same-colour topless classic.

Walking to the store, a guy coming the other way waved his MG keys at me and asked jokingly did I want to swap? I said sure, no problem and he freaked out with excitement. We chatted and found we lived in villages not.too far apart. I said I’d never driven an MG. so it would be interesting for me, and told him to be sure to take the triple Weber XK beyond 4,000 rpm to really feel it come on the cam. I suggested he go ahead while I completed my errand and to go the long way home to have a nice drive and wait for me outside my house.

After a summer sitting on merely a foam cushion on the floor of the D, the MGB felt like a squishy limo, but it was fun. Sure enough, he was sitting in the car with a grin a mile wide. We chatted, swapped keys back and never saw each other again.

If you search for ‘D-Type first pass’ on YouTube you’ll see (and hear) the car on the same roads the morning after I bought it. Excuse poor rushed gearchanges due to one-handed driving while filming…

3 Likes

Small cars and motorcycles should be parked at the back of the parking space. If parked up to the front they can be hidden from view with a large vehicle on either side. This gives the illusion of an open space to two cars racing to the spot. Have seen a few bikes knocked over and small cars rammed.

A well cared for Jag will always be a cougar magnet.

I’m with ya, there! Plus 20

Wow! Great stuff!

Rob

sometimes it’s the natural contrariness of manifested envy.

That’s what I think it is. When driving a car I care about I also park in an empty area far away from the shop entrance. And sure enough, almost always someone parks right next to me with all the other spaces around there empty.
If it is a nice car I think it could also be that the driver thinks the chances of his car getting dinged are smaller than in an empty spot that might get filled by a rust bucket, but most of the time it is not a special car.