Handling options

Back last century, when I had a full head of hair, I had an MGB that handled like a skateboard and went like a scalded cat. Wish I still had it…

I remember coming into a roundabout a bit hot once in that car. There was no way I was going to make it and in desperation I gave it a little flick of the steering and booted the accelerator. The tail came out and I power slid it beautifully around to the absolute horror of my passenger.

Memories! Another time I (a bit drunk, it was the 1980’s) blasted away from the lights up a long hill. At that stage mobile speed cameras had just been introduced. When I saw the flash from the camera get the car in front of me, I was doing over 100mph. When it got me I was hard on the brakes and back into third.

I got done for 106kph in a 60kph zone. I copped a $215 fine. I paid it with delight. Had I been caught by a police car I would have been done for dangerous driving and DUI. I certainly would have lost my license and probably have had a conviction recorded against my name which is a bad thing when you’re a doctor.

I also did 125mph in it, flat out, engine screaming in top overdrive. It had a DCOE Weber and you could hear the induction hiss over the wind noise.

Did I mention that I wish I still had that car?

1 Like

Hey Andrew, where do you practice? I think this post should be framed and prominently displayed in reception!! Cheers Chris

What happens in the MG stays in the MG :slight_smile:

1 Like

The one LBC I always wanted, but never owned.

Of course!! and probably on a different web site as well… cheers