Harley Davidson K model

Wife was looking thru some CDs full of photos and came across these of a 1955 Harley K model I rode for a few years. When I bought this it was literally a piece of junk, after I discarded every piece that wasn’t an original K model part I had a frame, front forks,and the engine. I spent bout 5 years chasing down K model parts. Everything on the bike is original K model, or original Harley K model accessory.

1 Like

Is that your museum, in the background?
:grimacing:

About what time frame was this taken?

When you run a body shop you have a tendency to accumulate junk

1 Like

When you run a repair facility, too…:unamused:

@Robert_Wilkinson will want to know about the "Vair…:grimacing:

Looks like a KH 55ci. K’s were 45ci. Had a KH myself back in my hardcore riding days. They were the bike for flat trackers till the early 70’s. Flathead’s float a valve without sucking it! The light on front fender is where the anniversy “V” emblem went. Will look for a photo of one. Probably film pre CD’s! Now riding a BMW R75/5.

It was actually a KHK
My understanding that model held several track records for harley at one time.

Yes most those records held till the Kawasaki 750 3 cylinder two stroke came out in the early 70’s…like 72 I seem to remember, but don’t hold my memory to that year.

There used to be a guy Danny Johnson he built and raced Harleys he set the bottom end up for me.
Cable Harley Davidson in Winston Salem had a mechanic work there Freeman Low helped me with lot of the parts issues when I was chasing parts. Found lots of parts in Lynchburg Va from a fellow Carson Little.
When I went thru the engine and transmission I put a primary belt drive intended for 57 sportster on it. Several harley rider freinds rode it and complimented big time on how smooth it was with the belt drive.

My father had a two carb prototype set up BSA in the early fifties before the factory Lightning. He said that thing was the hottest thing on the street. Until the K Model Harley.