Have you used the new solid state turn stop relay box DB10

have you used the new solid state turn stop relay box…the 8 post DB10? …any issues? My right stop / turn is out…wires and bulb test fine…not hot on the out side of #7…and it is in the box…may try the contacts fix…but the solid state box may be the better cure. Nick

1 Like

I’ve installed 3 of them in recent years, no problemo.

2 MGAs and a TD.

I have installed 2 with no problems, found another for cheap to keep in stock and converted a no-good used original to solid state relays on the inside. All better than the original relay/points set-up.

Here is the write up I found to do the conversion if you are feeling up to it.Relay Box Rebuild w RS Relays.pdf (275.0 KB)

thank you all…I am a few days away from receiving the new solid state DB10…just shy of $100 USD…but I drove myself nuts trying to find why no right stop/blink… Possibly could “fix” the existing…no power out of #7 in a test lite…but… when I press on the box in the area of the #7 terminal, then power and…it all works…could be the contacts, connection or a poor ground as I think the box itself acts as the round to the body mount. But I decided once I have it off…may as well do the new solid state box. Now if I can just not lose track of where the 8 wires go … Nick

One tip if you want the new unit to look more original is you can transfer the old original metal box cover onto the solid state unit. They are physically the same size but the new one lacks the same stampings. That is what i did on the 2 that I installed.

thanks…for tip…some have said it is possible to build the new relays into the old box as well. I will see how the new solid state loos…for sure if not re-used, will save the old one with Lucas numbers etc.

yes, that pdf I posted is to use relays inside the original housing. The original frame is used with wires soldered to the new relays and the original box covers it all.

You’re welcome to this one if it’ll help. Came in a box of parts with one of the MGA basket cases. Thank God the rest of the car wasn’t this bad.

Was that rescued from the Titanic??

:confounded:

1 Like

may be better than the one I have…the terminal connection screws are probably original and rare…worth a lot of $$. to a 100 point show car…oddly…you saved this piece …something I would do as well…

That one could easily be converted using the write up I posted as long as you have the cover as well. Bead blast the whole thing and it would look so much better and once converted would look great and work great too.

The new Lucas solid state turn relay DB10 is installed…easy install, exact same dimensions, mount holes, terminal tabs…and made sure is a good ground box/mount to bare metal…all lights now work . Found original Lavender Grey paint …under the black…on firewall area…on a March 53.

1 Like