Headlight Dip Beam blowing fuses

I have been having all kinds of interesting adventures installing the Monocoque retro headlights on my 69. I am happy to say that I am slowly getting there. Ran into an interesting problem with the headlights after I installed the S1 buckets which give a really tight fit to the headlights. So tight that I had to attached simple female fittings to the light and get rid of the standard connectors. This allows the headlights to fit into the new buckets.
When I turned on the headlights, the Main Beams worked just fine. Then I switched the toggle to Dip Beam and blew the fuse. Very strange. When I pulled the wires in front of the diaphragm that go to the headlights, the wired coming through the wire harness connector at the front of the bonnet registered 12 Volts at the Dip Beam wire which means that everything is fine until I plug in the wires that go to the headlights. I did this with one wire at a time and no matter which wire was plugged in, the fuse blew. Very strange. I can’t believe that both bulbs shorted out their Dip Beam.
Has anyone ever experienced this before? I have attached a photo of how the lights are now connected. I am confident that the wires are in the correct location.