Old headliner was still good, I had redone it some 15 years ago, but it was slightly dirty, the inner curves at the back had lifted and had some nicks here and there.
Since the screens ware out I reckoned it was a good time to redo it.
The hardest part was removing the old foam and glue, a truly a tedious process.
Fixed all the board imperfections with mastic.
The board was cracked in the front, an inevitable event when the headliner is removed via the front door.
It was also delaminated in some places, the rear was wavy and sagged, so I decided to reinforce it.
I cut a piece of 5mm plywood in shape and glued it to the top. Used also screws for good measure.
To be continued.