Heater/Air Conditioning

Hello Doug, yes my oil gauge when hot on idle nudges the 0, but the oil light dose not come on.

Thanks Bob

Hello Frank, on idle the gage reads nearly 0, Iā€™m using Valvoline 20/50, and my oil light dose not come on with the engine running.

Bob,

sorry, I just got confused by the term ā€˜wet testā€™.

From the distance it looks as if the engine is doing perfectly well - 80 psi could be the opening pressure for the relief valve reached with 2500 rpm and a cold engine - and your control light and sender as well.

If you ground the sender wire with the ignition on the OP guage needle should max out. If it does the sender is shot, if not it is either the guage, which hardly fails, or the circuit.

Best

Jochen

75 XJ6L 4.2 auto (UK spec)

If the oil warning comes on with ignition ā€˜onā€™, but not while idling, Bob; you have no reason to worry about your idle oil pressureā€¦:slight_smile:

Frank
xj6 85 Sov Europe (UK/NZ)

Hello Frank, oil light works as it should, but still worrying to look at the gauge.

Thanks Bob

Thatā€™s as good as it gets, as the saying goes.

To help assuage your worry Iā€™ll mention that the V12s very, very rarely suffer from oiling system failures or internal engine failures of any kind. Itā€™s almost unheard of.

On request I can give you a small list of things that a V12 owner should worry about, however :slight_smile:

Cheers
DD