Heater control valve

wondering if the heater control valve from Four seasons (plastic) is the replacement for the original metal valve, I think I will still go with the original, but has anyone used the plastic one ?

1 Like

Yes, for many years now, and highly recommended.

The plastic valve looks way better than the metal one (mechanically). I‘d use the plastic unit in a heartbeat.

Dieman,
I just removed one of these working plastic heater valves from my 1987 XJ6 parts car and have no use for it. See the attached pictures. You, or anyone else located in the USA that replies if you are not interested, can have if for $5 which pretty much covers my shipping costs.
It worked fine in my running parts car until I removed that engine. I just tested it with my Mityvac vacuum tester and it was open without vacuum and closed with vacuum.
The two nipples are slightly out of round but I don’t believe that will make any difference when the hose clamps are tightened.
If you want this valve it is yours for $5 if you send me a PM. If you decline the first person that replies via a PM will get it. Shipping and payment to be worked out via PM…

Paul