Hello from me, just bought one

Bought myself a 91 3.2 XJ40 today, and I’m quietly chuffed… It drives well, only done 71000 from new and I’m its 4th owner. The only issues on the way home was the o/s front under wing plastic thing fell off, and it took nearly 20 miles for the temp gauge to sit straight up.

No doubt I’ll be here now and again asking dim questions about how something works or doesn’t but in the meantime its booked in for a thorough service next Wednesday that will probably include a new thermostat.

Mark

Hello Mark …

“chuffed” … I had to look that one up ! It’s great to hear you’re very pleased with your purchase, how about a picture.

If this is your first Jaguar welcome to the family. The XJ40 is a great automobile with plenty of pazazz but she can be a demanding mistress. So treat her right and be prepared to crack open your wallet now and then … and enjoy the ride.

This is a great forum with loads of expertise on this car. There are a lot of very friendly, helpful enthusiast that can help you with any problems you may run into because we’ve just about seen it all before !!

To be correct that should have read ‘right chuffed’ :slight_smile:
Welcome to the forum as Groove has said there are people on here who have had the ‘40 for many years and have come across most faults and more pertinently the fixes.

Robin …

16%20AM

Blimey, I’m dead chuffed to know that :sunglasses: