Hello Jag community (New XK8 owner)

Hi all, just created an account tonight and wanted to say hi. Im in Colorado, I use to have a 97 XK8 convertible and have always missed it aside from it being a convertible, I always wanted a coupe. A couple months ago I got one from Bring a trailer its a 2006 with 38k miles. It spent most of its life in Palm Springs. When it arrived home I changed the upper/lower control arm bushings, upper strut mount bushings, new sway arm links and bushings, new front shocks, new side markers, removed the chrome wheels for refurbished Atlas wheels fixed a few electronic gremlins, new trunk gas struts. Still rides a little rough for all that ive done so trying to hunt that down and has a airbag light on I can’t figure out but I absolutely adore it and am glad its back in my life. I’ll upload pics as soon as I can since im new and it wont let me

7 Likes

Hi Nick, welcome to the forums, I’m moving your post to the appropriate forum as this one is for the early XK (120,140 and 150)

Got it, thanks

8 Likes

You will want to become very good friends with @Jeff_Schroeder!

We are both fellow Coloradans.

1 Like

oh very cool, looks like he only works on Jags up to 1996 though :frowning: , I’ve been doing most of my work at a friends shop but would absolutely love to pick some brains of people who are very familiar with these.

I was thinking of joining the rocky mountain Jag club, would be really nice to meet you and your guys cars.

Jeff’s yer boy, then: I don’t do car clubs.

I will be attending the finish of The Great Race, in CoSpgs, 2July, with the JeeType.

Maybe I’ll see ya there!

Awesome, we’ll I appreciate you reaching out, take car!

That’s a WONDERFUL coupe! I am in to process of “habilitating” my 2000 XK8 Coupe. On April 2nd, I’ll be replacing the timing chains/tensioners. After that I’ll " piecemeal it back together. (The “Topaz” color of the XK8 Coupe is superlative in nature. :sunglasses: :heart_eyes:

Beautiful XK8 you have! :+1:

Thank you!