Help Andrew..... my password has died

I can’t explain it but for some reason my sign in doesn’t work any longer.

It says that my ID is too long and my password is too short ! The only way I could sign in to post this to you was by getting an Email with a password reset. That signed me in, but when i try to log on again with that new password it doesn’t work.

Can I please get my old password working again. I certainly don’t want to lose all my previous posts, that would be … abominable !

Grooveman,

I can’t actually set a password for you, all that I can do is tell the system to send you a(nother) password reset mail.

I suspect that you may have a problem with your browser settings. Here is the User guide about how to get your browser to log you in to Jag-lovers.

Thanks Andrew … BUT …

The log in page won’t accept my inputs even when I log in manually.

I’m using my Email address for the “user” as I always have, and my same ole “password” that I’ve used since day one. Now that doesn’t work. It has nothing to do with my computer browser because the same thing happens when I try on my tablet manually

If I select the “forgot password” the system then sends my Email a temporary password that allows me to log on only once. How do I restore my original password at that point ???

I have no idea why this just started to happen but as I mentioned I do not want to lose my history.

Arghhhh (If I were a pirate I wouldn’t have these problems)

Grooveman,

I’ll try to be as gentle about this as I can: The fact that I am seeing forum posts, from user “Grooveman” in which that user explains to me that he is unable to login as “Grooveman” makes me wonder if the problem isn’t perhaps somewhere… between the keyboard and the seat.

When you click on the link in the forgot password email the site asks you to enter a new password, you can enter your old password if you wish. Your browser will then ask you if you want to save that (new) password. Say “Yes” to that question.

I believe the link I referred to earlier also includes methods to examine what password your user has stored.

The only other possibility I can think of is that your virus protection or security software has changed, and that is causing an issue.

Don’t worry, your history is safe with me. It might cost you a couple of bucks to retain that Avatar though.

Oh… and don’t underestimate being a Pirate, it’s a fairly strenuous activity.

Andrew …

I can explain why … WAIT-T A MINUTE … I see what you’re saying. I’ll have you know there’s a fine line between being dumb and being 'tupid.

However I do agree with you that being a pirate and committing crimes against nature, raping and pillaging can really take it out of you. BUT … wearing those shiny satin pants would surely make it all worthwhile !!