Help me here 63 corvette vs 63 E coupe

wigs , i offered to go down to the W. Peabody paved OVAL speedway ,but he declined !

He means REAL corners, you know, left AND right, as in real road racing.

2 Likes

well there is a GOKART track in middle of track!! they got some real tight corners there!
i doubt they would let us on Daytona road course, need at least 200MPH down the back stretch!
ron LOL.

DARN i thought we were doin good old fashioned street racing?

USA style where the fun starts? you tube 1320 vids!
ron

Mitch , look up 1993 Corvette , it had an option with 5.7L twin cam,(thats 4 cams ).

but today they have a MUCH improved 4 cam engine, comin on line as we speak!
ron

The under-appreciated ZR1 option, actually produced for several years in the 1990s. Four cams, 375hp (later 405hp) . That was a lot back then. 0-60mph in 4.3 seconds. The engines were assembled by Mercury Marine. I’ve driven several, they’re great cars, a real pleasure to drive, and astonishingly bargain priced these days…as specialty versions go.

Cheers
DD

2 Likes

The point is that it’s horses for courses Ron.

Btw, do you own a jag, and if so, why??

This was a fun thread.
Phillip

Ohh I’m waiting for this reply :slight_smile:

1 Like

Local racer, Matt Rauen, and my Dad, had a few good bashs, with this car and the Silverstone.

1 Like

you guys want to know the truth, my 1978 Jag RHD was given to me (FREE OF CHARGE,NO MONEY OR COMPENSATION)!

Just get it off the property, or its going scrape yard, back in the day British cars were nothing special and of NO value!

but look at me now?? still aint worth much tho!, but fast enough to make some cars look twice !

jags were in the Yugo, Fiat etc .place for values!
ron

1 Like

Sounds like you got a heck of a deal. I’m not sure why the XJ-S doesn’t get the love it deserves, other than “it wasn’t an E-type”.

WIGS , i like that 62 vette, i sold one NEW to a young guy (360 FI, 4 spd.). worked for a Chevy dealer!

at the time i had a nice 1957 Chevy Belair HT, but me how i am, installed a NEW 1961 409 crate engine, and 4 speed close ratio trans!

one late night we met up at a local traffic light, and we had 5 miles straight up, to go to the Coffee shop, where some were waiting , blew his doors into the weeds, and thats all we wrote!

Hey some here should grow up ,(A RACE IS A RACE NO MATTER WHAT OR WERE IT TAKES PLACE)!! its ALL about the adrenaline rush that makes you look and feel like a king!
(and the reputation that goes with it) LOL.

if you have never experienced the rush ,then no point in going any further??
ron

1 Like

i guess times have changed DUUHH!

couple guys around here have Es but dont wanna race ,always have an excuse or something!

actually John , when at some car shows , the Muscle car guys look it over , and say some GOOD remarks(altho they are afraid of the V12 engines, donno why its just an engine with 4 more cylinders).
ron

Um… not sure I understand…?

Wigs you are right, you really dont understand!

but FULL MOON is coming so i must digress now!

but for some , google GM new BLACKWING V8 engine!
ron

Are you saying i don’t understand the rush of racing?

Larry,
Yours was the best response to the original request for help in comparing the '63 E coupe to the C2 coupe. Thank you. Based on your personal experiences, I would go with the GM.
Thank you.
I just have to ask. Larry Velk, are you related to the late band leader, Lawrence Velk? Man he could get the ladies! “anda one anda two”!
Phillip

1 Like

Agreed: Larry did a great job, describing that, to compare the two, is to describe two vastly different cars.

I must chime in. Having owned a varied group of British cars over the years and 3 Jaguars by the time I was 20 (2 XKE/1 and #31 XK120), I have had real world experience with them. I have raced the XKE and had it as my everyday car for commuting to and from college and work daily of about 50 miles. I always liked the C2 Corvette but never had the extra garage space to keep one until recently. Comparing an XKE to a C2 Corvette is like apples and oranges. Both different kind of cars and both with their own strong points. Life is to short to drive boring cars so why not try a few different ones while you can. The corvette has better brakes than any XKE, much easier to get in and out of and gobs of torque with a 427. The XKE seems to be more in tune with you as far as handling.

4 Likes