Help needed with choice of front and rear shocks for my series 1 xj6

I will be changing my shocks and was wondering which brand I should be looking at. I am located in Ontario Canada and wondering if there are any locations close to me that sell the required shocks. I am more than willing to purchase out of country also. Just need your advice please.

I fitted GAZ adjustable on my MK2 , very happy with them

i went with Bilstein on my '71 xj6. smooth ride. i’d buy them again

Which model did you purchase?

To be fair, I think most owners are probably pretty happy with new shocks simply because they’re such a dramatic improvement over shot shocks. Hard to get a viable comparison opinion from someone who’s tried several different brands and can speak with authority on the pros and cons of one vs. another. IMHO, it’s handy to have adjustability in the damping rates – both directions – and it’s also handy to have adjustability in the spring seat for the rear shocks. Whether or not you’re willing to pay for those features is up to you.

Bilstein B6
the rears were a bit fiddly to get swapped. took them off and to a shop to swap the springs over. they couldn’t figure out how to do it. then i asked if i could use their strut compressor and was told no.
i went and bought the compressor tool and have told everyone i know to avoid that shop.

There’s a lot in the archives. Most preferred the original brand, Boge. It may not be available any more. I fit Koni reds, but as noted I can’t really say how they compare to fresh shocks of other brands. They are adjustable (most prefer soft range). One feature is that the rears provide a choice of three ride heights…although there isn’t a lot of difference among them. IMHO.