Help needed with diff I.D?

I picked up a couple of diffs today , they both have no id tag’s , can any one decipher the numbers and letters , look’s like

BIL 007J 9455 4HA 116 7A 13 L60 STL

4HA 016 7A 1913 STL J61 Z 1W D D

Both have 49 teeth

I am guessing the one with BIL on it has been reconditioned ?

4HA 016 7A 1913 STL J61 Z 1W D D

I think the 1 may be a 4 so that would make it 49 13 ,

On the other one , that may have been 49 13 , but look’s like someone has taken a grinder to the 49 , that’s the one with Bil 007 J 9455 punched on it !

So from what I have found out so far , I think the 49 is the teeth and the 13 for Overdrive , that would make them 3.77 ration ?

3.77 is the standard ratio for MOD on most Saloons I have data on

if you have counted 49 & 13 teeth, thats what you have

do you have Parts Manuals for the various Jag models?..they can be the most informative source with regard to numbers

If you check the teeth with a jewellers loop, there would be a noticeable difference in a rebuilt vs used item

Thank you Tony
I did pick up a Factory workshop manual Monday , that told me 49 13 was 3.77 ,

I will have a close look at the gears , one axle must be reconditioned at some point , can’t see anyone punching there name and numbers on it for nothing !

Ps , Factory manual even has speed in gears and rev’s for each axle ratio

Found out some more from a guy called Alan at AJS Engineering Services .
BIL , is B/L , 007 is the back lash , J may be the machinist initial , 9455 is the serial number , same number should be on the pinion , as they are a matched pair !

Good point on the half shafts too !

New are far superior to the originals and are machined from bar as opposed to the old forged ones.

Its the Parts Manuals that give the actual part number detail that you provided,
they will likely identify which model they came from…not a MKX, that I can say

was there?..I didnt notice it ?

New are far superior to the originals and are machined from bar as opposed to the old forged ones